We were very blessed, and Jay was able to take a month off work thanks to FMLA after Andy was born. It was nice to have the help, and he was very excited for the time to bond with his son!
February- Was quiet. We didn't do much, and spent most of the time at home with Andrew.
March--Also quiet. I don't recall much.
April- I returned to my part-time job as a flight attendant. I ended up having to drive to Chicago to catch my first trip, since flights were full. It was the longest drive of my life. But I got through it and got back home to my little man in a hurry.
May- May started out with Jay and I taking a trip to Las Vegas with one of our favorite couples to travel with--David and Amanda. We went for a few nights, while the moms watched the baby and had a good time. Jay and I saw an impersonator show and Blue Man Group. Food and company were both fantastic!
At the end of the month, my mom and I traveled to Arkansas to introduce Andrew to the family and make an appearance at the yearly Roush family reunion. The trip was a big success, and included Andrew's first plane ride!
June- This was a pretty fun month. Andrew started crawling, and Erica and I headed to New York City to see NKOTB play at Radio City Music Hall. Erica had never been to NYC before, and I had things I wanted to see, so it was a great trip!
July- Was quiet. Andrew worked on his crawling and spent lots of time in the pool at his Granny's house!
August was also very quiet. Fair is always in August, and as the son of a farm boy, Andrew was meant to go to fair--and sit on a cow!
September was another quiet month. Andrew started standing up on his own. He was very wobbly and made no move to walk for another two months, but he would just randomly stand up in the middle of the floor. It was funny and strange all at the same time.
October was a busy month for us. I had to work a lot at the beginning of the month, because at the end of the month, Jay and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary and then took Andrew and Jay's mom Barb to Orlando for a week! We had a great time and Andy was very excited to see Mickey Mouse at Disney World!
November was also a busy and sad month. Jay and I went to Las Vegas for two nights, because I had won a free stay at The Venetian hotel. It was less than stellar. For a $400 a night room, the one we checked into had dirty towels on the floor and in the bath tub, sticky cup rings on the nightstand and table and white gunky goo on the walls. Thirty minutes after it was cleaned, I got walked in on in my bra and underwear by a bar maid restocking the mini-bar. The hotel's response was unacceptable and not only did they not move us, they offered us a $50 credit that could only be used at certain places at the hotel, with a minimum purchase. Other than that, we did meet Penn and Teller after their show and we both came out ahead of penny slots. We had a good time, except for the hotel.
At the end of the month, my grandfather, William (Bill) Willyard passed away. I was unable to go to his funeral and am unbelievably bummed that Andy never got to meet him.
December started out on an interesting note. To make a long story short, I quit my gig as a flight attendant. The company I started working for 4 1/2 years ago is not the same company, and with one child and more being considered, the company was not as family-friendly as I had been led to believe and I decided it was in the best interest of myself and my family to go ahead and leave.
Jay and I also have a surprise. We are not pregnant, but we have filled out and sent in a preliminary adoption application. We've wanted to adopt for a long time, and feel that God has laid this on our hearts to bring a child (or possibly children) into our family. I'll be updating this blog with updates to the process, our thoughts and prayer requests. Right now, we just want patience, and that God is preparing the way, and the child or children we receive are the perfect fit for our family. To be clear, we are not ruling out more of our own. This is in addition to growing our family biologically. Please pray for us and our future children.
Andrew met Santa Claus. The visit was NOT a success, although most of the holidays were. We're looking forward to 2011 with a lot of expectations and excitement about the things to come!
WOW! Congrats on the adoption application! There are so many kids out there that just need a good home! thinking of you guys:)
ReplyDelete