Monday, February 21, 2011

Double the pleasure, double the fun...

So, I thought twins were supposed to skip a generation.

Being a twin, I thought the chances of me having twins of my own were slim to none.

Wrong.

We just got the shock of our lives.

That's right--TWINS.

I've been having this awful pain in my left side for a few days and finally decided I'd better get to the doctor and figure out what was going on. They ruled out a kidney infection or UTI and decided we should explore the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy and ordered an ultrasound.

I had my suspicions right away. I saw two black blobs where last time I only saw one. Jokingly, I asked the tech "that's not two, is it?" Unconcerned, she said "I'm not sure right now."

Then she zeroed in on what I thought was "a" baby. I said "Oh, there's the little critter." The ultrasound zoomed out just a little bit and said "Actually, there are two critters."

So, I'm still hurting. That hasn't been resolved. And now I can add complete and utter shock to my system.

Jeremiah 29: 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment: